Good afternoon passengers, this is your captain speaking. The Orchid Boutique crew welcomes you aboard our flight to airport fashion “know-how”. The Orchid crew will be coming around to offer you fashion and beauty advice for your trip. We ask that your seats and table trays are in the upright position before we start. Please feel free to use all personal electronic devices, including laptops and cell phones for tweeting and social media sharing purposes. Until then, sit back, relax and enjoy.
We all know traveling can be an exhausting adventure, especially when you have to suffer 3 hour-long layovers at the airport in your resortwear. Looking stylish while maintaining your comfort can be a tricky task for anyone at 6am. For your convenience, we’ve come up with some easy tips to keep you comfortable without sacrificing your style. The last think you want is to meet a hottie in the airport lounge when you are looking a wreck! Who said you couldn’t be fashionable AND comfy at the same time anyway? Just make sure to follow these airport fashion tips, and you’re good to go!
Whenever I dress for the airport, I ask myself two things:
1) Is this comfortable? Make sure to consider you are going to be dragging luggage, dodging small children, sweeping past slow old people and (on a really good day) dashing to your departure gate. LOL It’s important to keep in mind that the airport is an obstacle course in itself so soft flowy tops, flat shoes and light accessories are the way to go.
2) What about security? Obviously my favorite part of flying is going though security…NOT! When dressing for a flight always choose items that are easy to take off. My advice? Stick with shoes that don’t lace, never wear a belt, leave the jewelry packed, and stretchy clothes are a plus! So, I like to wear either leggings and a cute, brightly colored oversized top or a flowy maxi dress. Both avoid stiff, non-stretchy materials, and are super chic!
The easiest way to add zest to you airport look is by focusing your look on your accessories. Statement bags, hats and simple jewelry can really perk up your look with the slightest bit of effort
1. Bold Handbag-Nothing says more about your personality than a handbag that shouts “color pop!” Even if you are wearing all black (which is totally chic and safe) a bright and bold handbag can make your look stand out from the crowd.
2. Fashion Jewelry– Jewelry is a super simple way to brighten up your look. My only caution is to wear jewelry that is easy to slide on and off. Holding up the security line trying to hook and snap your jewelry is not a good look. But simple pieces of jewelry make a huge fashion difference at the airport.
3. Beach Hats-This may not be the first thing that crosses your mind when going to an indoor venue, BUT running around the airport trying to find your gate isn’t exactly helping your hairstyle. A cute small brim hat will hide that hairdo, and keep you looking fresh as a daisy. Besides, you’re going to need a trendy sun hat for your vacay at the beach anyway.
In other words, whenever you travel, wear fun colors, soft materials, and…accessorize, accessorize, and did I mention accessorize?
So, what are your favorite airport outfits?