We are literally speechless. The new collections that have been debuted so far at this year’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Swimweek have truly left us awestruck, but hands down, no other runway show has taken our breath away quite like the Luli Fama show last night at the Cabana Grande at the Raleigh. From the beginning, the Luli Fama 2014 show started off with a bang when Latin dancers made their way out onto the runway; with their incredible talent and Spanish flair, these dancers set the festive mood and made us even more excited for Luli’s highly anticipated 2014 collection. Trust us when we tell you that Miami-based designers Lourdes, “Luli”, Hanimian and Augusto Hanimian did not disappoint! From the gorgeous prints and intricate crochet detailing to the classic Brazilian bottoms that have made Luli Fama a household name in the designer swimwear world, this collection’s swimsuits made our jaws drop to the ground. We can’t wait to get our hands on the pieces from this collection, but for now, we’ll share with you an exclusive sneak peek from last night’s amazing show!
Here are the highlights from Luli Fama 2014! Enjoy!
(1) Crazy for Crochet – Intricate crochet detailing was definitely a huge statement for the Luli Fama 2014 collection. This trend was everywhere for summer 2013, so we were extremely excited to see Luli transition the crochet love onto their bikinis. To add to the excitement, almost all of the cover-ups – including dresses, tunics, and pants – in the collection were crochet!
(2) Prints Please! – Throughout the show, we loved to see how Luli expertly mixed floral prints, tribal patterns, and animal prints to give their pieces that extra flare! So far, we have yet to see other designers mix and match the kinds of prints that Luli showcased last night.
These prints will be sure to make you the envy of any beach-goer!
(3) Channel Your Inner Missoni – Who better to gather design inspiration from than the classic patterns of Missoni!? Missoni-like prints were another trend in the Luli Fama show, and we couldn’t be happier. To make these geometric patterns stand out even more, Luli injected a ton of neons into these prints for that added pop of color.
(4) Little Mermaids – Luli’s use of mermaid-inspired “fish scales” to detail their bikinis was by far one of the highlights of the collection. We absolutely love this kind of print, and we expect for it to blow up in the upcoming swimsuit season!
Who wouldn’t love fish scale details on a bikini?
(5) Tankinis Galore! – This is for all the tankini lovers out there; we are so thrilled to finally see some tankinis for Luli Fama! With its super cute ruffle detailing over the bust, we anticipate for the Luli tankini top to be an update to their classic fringe style.
More gorgeous ruffle detailing!
Luli stuns with their classic fringe underwire top!
What was your favorite design from Luli’s incredible show?